About Us and territory
or request availability
Types and conditions
Public spaces and rooms
The Regalpetra Hotel is located in the heart of the historic center of Racalmuto, birthplace of the writer Leonardo Sciascia.
The name of the hotel derives from the first book of the writer “Le parrocchie di Regalpetra” published in 1956. In this book Leonardo Sciascia tells about the life, the history and the traditions of a small town in the hinterland of Sicily.
The Regalpetra Hotel, located in downtown Racalmuto, is the perfect choice for a pleasant holiday in Sicily, and the surrounding territory of the city of Agrigento.
It is only 23 km (about 14 miles) away from the city of Agrigento, and the suggestive “Valle dei Templi” which can be reached in approximately twenty minutes.
The Regalpetra Hotel is virtually at the center of a historic, landscaping, architectural and religious route of both Provinces of Agrigento and Caltanissetta.
In a surrounding area of 30 km, and in a journey of about 45 minutes drive from the Regalpetra Hotel you can easily reach:
– Montedoro with its astronomical observatory;
– Mussomeli with its impressive Medieval Castle;
– Sutera a town recognized as one of “the most beautiful villages in Italy”;
– Santo Stefano di Quisquina which preserves the ancient hermitage of Santa Rosalia;
– Aragona and its “Maccalube”;
– Realmonte, town of “Scala dei Turchi”;
– Porto Empedocle, and the places of Pirandello and Camilleri;
– Agrigento with its “Valle dei Templi” (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and its historic center;
– Palma di Montechiaro, city of The Gattopardo;
– Naro, a baroque town;
– Favara with its Mother Church, Chiaramontano Castle and all the beaches of the Agrigento coast.
Opening the 15th June, 2014, the Regalpetra Hotel is a contemporary style hotel, where guests are welcomed in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
The nine rooms are distinguished by the names of some of the characters of Leonardo Sciascia’s books. They are all a clear expression of the concept of hospitality, where guests can feel at home.
All rooms are wide, bright, and with a balcony overlooking the main street of Racalmuto. They are all soundproofed from external and internal noise, and equipped with telephone, TV, safe, mini bar, air conditioning, hair-dryer, and free Wi-Fi system.
The hotel features a small breakfast room with TV and a bar, a lift, rooms for disabled, and a small wellness room with sauna, ice-jet showers, and massage tables.
On the terrace you can relax while having breakfast or a drink, or simply enjoying the view over the roofs of Racalmuto and its main monuments.
Your only thought is to get to Sicily.
We’ll take care of the rest.